Monday, October 17, 2011

Pumpkin Breakfast Muffins

I love muffins in the morning, especially one's that are healthy and delicious! This is one of my go to recipes during the fall and I know you are going to love it too!


1.5 cups Bob's Red Mill Gluten-Free Flour
1 cup Bob's Red Mill Steel Cut G-free oats
2 tsp baking powder
2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp xantham gum
1 tsp cinnamon

1 tsp organic vanilla
1/3 cup coconut oil (heated, so in liquid form)
3/4 cup agave nectar (sub honey)
1/2 cup almond milk (sub rice milk or regular)
1 cup organic pumpkin
1/2 cup walnuts (crushed)

Mix the dry ingredients first, then add the wet. Stir and fold in pumpkin and walnuts last. Cook for 25 minutes on 325 (or until golden brown). Use a toothpick to ensure they are done (pumpkin can make muffins finnicky.)

Voila! Amazing Muffins. My mom, Nonna, and my husband all loved 'em. Gluten Free and Vegan, these are so good (and good for you!) Makes 10 large pumpkin muffins.

No comments:

Post a Comment