Friday, July 15, 2011

Chocolate Strawberry Ebelskivers



It's Saturday, which in our household means sleeping in and a little meal called Brunch. I debated on what to make--I've been dying to make some savory ebelskivers--chese, bacon, chives maybe. But the sweet combination of chocolate and strawberries was calling to me this morning, and so I decided to give in to my craving.

Did I mention how much I love the Danish for these little sweet treats? Genius I tell you, genius!


For the batter:
  • 1 1/2 cups Bobs Red Mill Gluten Free Pancake Batter
  • 1 tablespoon oil
  • 1 large egg
  • 3/4 cup milk (cow's, rice, or almond will work)

For the filling:
  • 6 large strawberries, chopped
  • 1/2 cup semi sweet chocolate chips, melted in the microwave at 30 second intervals in a glass pyrex bowl

Directions:

You'll need an ebelskiver pan. Preheat pan on burner to medium heat, placing a dab of butter in each impression. Fill the impressions 3/4 of the way full with batter and place a teaspoon of filling in each one. (For the filling, simply mix the chopped strawberries and melted chocolate together) As they cook, each ebelskiver will pull away from the sides of the impression. Carefully take a spoon and flip them over, making sure not to scratch the pan. Cook the other side until golden brown (you will start to see them puff up as this happens.) Finally remove them from the pan, place on a plate and garnish with powdered sugar. Serve---and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment